More Lord of the Rings
No votes
Chronicles of Narnia: Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe
50%
Gladiator
No votes
Moulin Rouge
17%
Other: provide in a post (with good reasons...)
33%

Total votes: 6

Gina
Site Admin

Priorities

Post by Gina »

Provide feedback on what you want from this site. Thank you! :D
Last edited by Gina on Sun Jan 28, 2007 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Belecthor
Audible

Post by Belecthor »

I voted "Other". I think it's safe to say that there are enough LotR clips now. Perhaps the Star Wars saga could use a few more, but it already has a bunch.

I think it might be fun to hear some clips from other movies. I was thinking of either Pirates of the Caribbean or Jurassic Park, both of which have some very good lines. In particular, I'd like to see Jurassic Park because it seems to be very under-represented in the realm of internet audio clips.

A few examples from each:

Pirates:
  • Jack: "You will always remember this as the day you almost caught Captain Jack Sparrow!"
  • Jack: "Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate."
  • Barbossa: "You'd best start believin' in ghost stories, Miss Turner. You're in one!"
  • Pirate: "You're supposed to be dead!"
    Jack: "Am I not?'
  • Jack: "But why's the rum gone?"
Jurassic Park:
  • Hammond: "When they opened Disneyland in 1956, nothing worked."
    Malcolm: "Heh, yeah, but John, when the Pirates of the Caribbean breaks down, the pirates don't eat the tourists."
  • Arnold: "Hold onto your butts."
  • Nedry: "Ah, ah, ah! You didn't say the magic word!"
  • Malcolm: "God creates dinosaurs, God destroys dinosaurs. God creates man, man destroys God, man creates dinosaurs."
    Sattler: "Dinosaurs eat man, woman inherits the earth."
  • Malcolm: "God help us, we're in the hands of engineers!"
Was that the sort of reasoning you were looking for, Gina? :wink:
Mal:"I'm risking my crew on the theory that you're a real person. If you're not, you might as well shoot me now..."
[River cocks the gun she is pointing at Mal]
Mal:[stammering] "Ooooor, we can talk some more..." -Serenity
huntsomeorc
Audible

Post by huntsomeorc »

I agree with Belecthor completely. If you made clips for other movies like Pirates, Jurassic Park, and even Harry Potter then more people would come to the site. It would be just as busy and popular as it was back when Return of the King came out. And if you took up Harry Potter, there still are three more movies to go with lots of hype on the messageboard soon to follow! :)
I've got a jar of dirt! I've got a jar of dirt! And guess what's inside it! - Jack Sparrow "Dead Man's Chest"
Gina
Site Admin

Post by Gina »

Thanks for all the ideas. I am going to have to pass on Jurassic Park because those movies can still scare me silly. I actually read the book first, was fine, saw the movie once, was fine, but subsequent viewings and sequels have been too much. :shock:

Anyway, Pirates of the Caribbean (movie 1) is tempting. Consider it on the "maybe list", hanging out with such partial treatments as Chronicles of Narnia.

Harry Potter!! So I really love that series, but not sure if I can take on another franchise. I will investigate a little, see if there are other sites out there already. This is one reason why I took up Lord of the Rings--no one else had anything at the time.
Belecthor
Audible

Post by Belecthor »

You know, now that I've finally gotten into the Harry Potter craze (on book 4 now), I see definite potential in taking that series on here at AB. There don't seem to be too many HP sound clips out there. :)
Mal:"I'm risking my crew on the theory that you're a real person. If you're not, you might as well shoot me now..."
[River cocks the gun she is pointing at Mal]
Mal:[stammering] "Ooooor, we can talk some more..." -Serenity
AgentUnderFire
Audible

Personally the Harry Potter series bores me...

Post by AgentUnderFire »

I used to be really in it but I feel the books are no longer the same quality they once were and the movies I feel are still aimed towards children. (IMHO only...)

But if you start putting up HP clips towards the release of either the new movie or new book, this place'll be hopping like crazy.

I'd go for Pirates, which I feel is more quotable.
"But why is the rum gone?"
"Hide the rum!"
"I am disinclined to acquiesce to your request. Means 'no.'"

And it'll only be 3 movies as opposed to 7! :)
MovieMaker
Audible

Post by MovieMaker »

I said Narnia, why? Cause I make Narnia trailers... and I need the sound bits 8)
Gina
Site Admin

Post by Gina »

MovieMaker wrote:I said Narnia, why? Cause I make Narnia trailers... and I need the sound bits 8)
If you could give me an idea of what you need for your trailers (always love a good fan trailer I do), I could probably start with those. Keep in mind, the window of opportunity is potentially very small time-wise so the sooner the better :D
MovieMaker
Audible

Post by MovieMaker »

Hm...

I'll give you a list tonight or tomorrow, I'm about to head out the door...
I need to watch it again, I can't remember a lot of the lines :lol:

A few I know right off of the top of my head:

Tumnes: "Why dear girl your in it! Everything from the Lamppost to the castle of cair paravel, every stick every stone, is Narnia..."

Peter: "We have come to see Aslan!"

Father Christmas: "The power that you have brought your majesties is finally starting to weaken the witches reign! I dare say you could still do with these"

Mr. Beaver: "There is a prophecy, that two sons of Adam and two daughters of Eve shall appear to defeat the white witch and put an end to this hundred year winter."

I'll post more once I have a chance to watch the movie again, and look over the clips I have :)
Also, any other lines that might sound like they could go into a trailer would be great, just use your own judgment :wink:

Thanks in advance!

P.S. You can see my fan trailers for both Narnia, LOTR and even a Pirates one at my site http://nngraphic.com/ under graphics
MovieMaker
Audible

Post by MovieMaker »

i guess it's already to late :lol:
Gina
Site Admin

Post by Gina »

Nope! Just hang on a bit...
MovieMaker
Audible

Post by MovieMaker »

k :)
MovieMaker
Audible

Post by MovieMaker »

now the window is closed :roll:
Gina
Site Admin

Post by Gina »

MovieMaker wrote:now the window is closed :roll:
Sorry about that. Right at that time I bought a new computer and the migration has been slow and awkward as I went without my usual software for several weeks. Even now over a month later I just installed the web page editing software but have not even touched everything needed to edit audio. Believe me I am still interested in adding new content when possible, but obviously there are reasons why doing this based on requests is not the best...

Last bumped by Gina on Thu May 06, 2021 2:42 am.