Missing music!

Everything's On Topic here
AgentUnderFire
Audible

Post by AgentUnderFire »

I know you can't get anything from any currently in theater movies, but there are just a few clips that I cannot believe did not make it onto the soundtrack:

1)Nature/Help theme when the Rohirrim were revealed on the Pelannor.

2)Choral Fellowship theme at the Black Gate. That was just...amazing. I just love that part.

I'd wait for the extended soundtrack releases, but supposedly it won't happen till next year. ARGH!
Gina
Site Admin

Post by Gina »

Well I tried and tried, for a couple of hours, last night to work this out and didn't get anywhere. I am afraid that if you want this music without any distracting sound effects or dialogue you will need to wait until the complete soundtracks are released next year. Really, that is not that far away!

(I was able to cut out all talking, but especially during these battle scenes the background weapons, grunts and animal noises were quite loud and obvious)

I am going to move this to the general discussion as this is not really a "request" I can fulfill right now. Either other people can help out if possible or we'll talk again next year :)
AgentUnderFire
Audible

Post by AgentUnderFire »

Hello!

Aw. I'm sorry that you went to so much trouble and it didn't work. I shall wait and stem myself by watching the DVDs themselves.

Thanks for your effort though. That and your website is so much appretiated by LOTR fans everywhere. :)
King Elessar

Post by King Elessar »

What? They're are releasing extended soundtracks? Was there a press release or news article or just a link where I could read a little more about it? (excited)
Gina
Site Admin

Post by Gina »

http://www.empireonline.co.uk/site/news/newsstory.asp?news_id=15807

Chord Of The Rings!

Exclusive: LOTR Soundtracks to get ‘Extended’ Editions Box Set
30 April 2004
As any fule no, the fantabulous four-disc extended edition of The Lord of the Rings: Return of the King will debut later this year. But for those of you doing decent Gollum impressions – "we wanttsss it!" – Empire can exclusively reveal that one more superb LOTR extra is on its way, ready to sate those Rings withdrawal symptoms.

Howard Shore's Oscar-winning scores for the three movies, easily ranking amongst the very best soundtracks of recent times, has up until now only been granted a single CD release for each film. Now, Empire is no Carol Vorderman, but we calculate that that means that more than six hours of the score [more than eight if you factor in the Extended Editions] remains unreleased.

Well, that's going to change next year, when Shore plans to release a suitably epic nine-disc set of his most famous work. And, just as the two-disc DVDs pale in comparison to the Extended Editions, so too will the CDs.

“The plan is that we would feature all of the music in the theatrical cuts of the films," said Shore, talking exclusively to Empire. "Currently, two discs for [the first], three each for [the second and third films] and a ninth disc of rarities with host of rare, unreleased music from the films with commentary from me.”

The DVD would also feature material covering Shore’s recent transfer of the trilogy’s music to a live concert setting, The Lord Of The Rings Symphony. “The DVD would also potentially have a 45-minute documentary which we shot on the making of the Symphony and full performance of it done with the Montreal Symphony," he added.

First performed in Wellington in November last year, Shore is currently on an international tour with the show, reaching London for a performance with The London Philharmonic Orchestra at The Royal Festival Hall on 23 May and then returning to The Royal Albert Hall on 22 September.

“It’s very gratifying to see the see the music from [the films] find a new life on the concert stage.” said Shore. “I don’t think there’s ever been a full concert piece of this size devoted to one particular film or series.”

For those fans who miss out on the London shows, don't fret: Shore also confirmed to Empire that a two-disc CD release of the show is also in the works for release next year.
King Elessar

Post by King Elessar »

Thanks for the link! It sounds really good, but a nine CD set won't come cheap.
bestsoft666

Yes

Post by bestsoft666 »

Yes, i think that