funny lines from Fellowship of the Ring

As the name implies, as sound requests are completed they are moved here.
Fantine

Post by Fantine »

I would love to have some of the funny lines from Fellowship of the Ring--specifically, Sam telling Gandalf that he heard "A great deal about a dark lord and something about the end of the world" and begging Gandalf not to turn him into something unnatural. Also, bits of the Merry/Pippin exchange about what they've stolen from Farmer Maggot's crop.
Gina
Site Admin

Post by Gina »

Gina
Site Admin

Post by Gina »

Fantine

Post by Fantine »

Thanks, Gina, these are wonderful and exactly what I wanted!!! I watched the movie the first time for the story and to see how it compared with the book. After that I started to notice all the little things . . . like what a great performance Sean Astin gives as Sam, and how funny Merry and Pippin are together. There are a few more lines I'd love to have if you have the time and patience:

Frodo saying, "I will take the ring to Mordor! . . . though . . . I do not know the way." Or words to that effect, I can't remember exactly.

Merry and Pippin again, as they barge into the secret meeting at Rivendell, about you need people of courage on "this sort of a journey . . . quest . . . thing." "Well, that leaves you out."

And Elrond's eloquent speech about the Fellowship, with Pippin's line at the end--"Where are we going?"

Thanks so much for all your work--your site is very unique. I run a Broadway music fan page, and I love the idea of "audible beauty." May I place a link to your page on mine?

P.S. Yes, my username is from Les Miserables, another of my favorite books . . . and the first musical I ever fell in love with. :D
Gina
Site Admin

Post by Gina »

I will take the Ring, though, I do not know the way - Frodo

Anyway, you need people of intelligence on this sort of mission...quest...thing. - Pippin
Well that rules you out Pip! - Merry

You shall be the Fellowship of the Ring! - Elrond
...right, where are we going? - Pippin

Thank you for the compliments! Of course you can link here, make sure and post your url here so I can check out your site...

Interestingly, in 10th grade when we read Les Miz the book, I did my first real essay on Fantine so I feel a sort of connection there. I love the musical and many other shows besides :)

Last bumped by Gina on Thu May 06, 2021 2:47 am.