Hobbits to Isengard and Flags of Our Fathers/Letters from IJ

Discuss the music used in movie trailers, <a href=http://audiblebeauty.net/trailers.htm>Lord of the Rings</a> or otherwise.
AgentUnderFire
Audible

Hobbits to Isengard and Flags of Our Fathers/Letters from IJ

Post by AgentUnderFire »

I'm sure many people have seen the "They're Taking the Hobbits to Isengard" (and if not, look it up in Google Video or YouTube.com). I haven't been able to figure out where the remix of the Fellowship theme came from. I've never heard of it. iTunes has a "workout mix" of "Concerning Hobbits" :shock: (cracks me up when I listen to it. It's not too techno-y)

The second one is an actual trailer--the combined or Japanese version of the trailer for Flags of Our Fathers and its companion movie, Letters from Iwo Jima. It's a very haunting piece, but soundtrack.net doesn't have a listing, so I thought I'd give here a try. :)
Gina
Site Admin

Re: Hobbits to Isengard and Flags of Our Fathers/Letters fro

Post by Gina »

AgentUnderFire wrote:I'm sure many people have seen the "They're Taking the Hobbits to Isengard" (and if not, look it up in Google Video or YouTube.com). I haven't been able to figure out where the remix of the Fellowship theme came from. I've never heard of it. iTunes has a "workout mix" of "Concerning Hobbits" :shock: (cracks me up when I listen to it. It's not too techno-y)
That is one silly video :) I suspect that the music is simply the melody line played on a keyboard/MIDI instrument, and then add in the extra stuff from loops and samples, that sort of thing.

Last bumped by Gina on Thu May 06, 2021 2:21 am.