Gladiator restored

Announcements that are posted on the main Audible Beauty website.
Gina
Site Admin

Gladiator restored

Post by Gina »

The original quotes downloaded from the official Gladiator website - now sadly gone (don't care if it's been 5 years! :)) are on the new Other Films page (along with Chronicles of Narnia). They were a little quiet so I amplified and cleaned up a bit. Some music clips to follow soon.

Post by Guest »

I get the feeling that this 'wheel' person is some sort of automated response generator...
Belecthor
Audible

Post by Belecthor »

Anonymous wrote:I get the feeling that this 'wheel' person is some sort of automated response generator...
Agreed.
Mal:"I'm risking my crew on the theory that you're a real person. If you're not, you might as well shoot me now..."
[River cocks the gun she is pointing at Mal]
Mal:[stammering] "Ooooor, we can talk some more..." -Serenity
Gina
Site Admin

Post by Gina »

Hmmm, let me see what I can do from the admin side since this is indeed very annoying.

Eh, I'm just going to use the "banning" feature. Since all the posts were not real or anything pretty sure we do not need to worry about proper warning.
Belecthor
Audible

Post by Belecthor »

I have a suggestion for you that could prevent this type of thing altogether. I've come across many message boards that require you to confirm a new account via email before posting messages is allowed. Most automated programs, I would think, don't own valid email accounts that they can confirm through.

Of course, I don't know how much work setting something up like this would entail. But it seems to work on those boards quite well.

:)
Mal:"I'm risking my crew on the theory that you're a real person. If you're not, you might as well shoot me now..."
[River cocks the gun she is pointing at Mal]
Mal:[stammering] "Ooooor, we can talk some more..." -Serenity
Gina
Site Admin

Post by Gina »

As far I can tell new registrations are already setup that way. I was able to add a "visual confirmation" that my defeat most automatic robots though.

Thankfully this wasn't a huge problem...
Hirgon
Audible

Post by Hirgon »

If you're feeling really strict, you could edit out the links to those various gambling sites from his signature as well - I'd guess those are the sole reason he signed up, and they're still there :p
Gina
Site Admin

Post by Gina »

Ah the magic of DELETE post... :wink:

(there is a first time for everything, in other words no one else's posts are in trouble)