FotR Trailer Music (NOT Gothic Power!!)

Discuss the music used in movie trailers, <a href=http://audiblebeauty.net/trailers.htm>Lord of the Rings</a> or otherwise.
Blacknumenorean

FotR Trailer Music (NOT Gothic Power!!)

Post by Blacknumenorean »

hello all - please help as I'm tearing my hair out on this one!

I'm looking for the trailer music from the Fellowship trailer. It comes in at 1:46, just after frodo says "There's something down there" and there's a bit of Gollum, then the music kicks in, and all hell breaks loose for about 15 seconds until the title and Aragorn says "Are you frightened?".

Everyone (including this site) says that this is Gothic Power by Chrisopher Field, but the choral line is totally different. (Gothic Power is on the teaser, no argument on that one).

Three possibilities occur to me:

1) I'm the only one to notice this (on the whole, unlikely)
2) I have a different copy of the trailer to everyone else (i get mine off the apple website)

or, most likely

3) I have a different version of Gothic Power to everyone else (mine is about 1:34 long).

Please could someone take a look at this and tell me I'm not going mad... I need the music for a film project I'm doing.
Roi ne veux, prince ne daigne, bouanier suis...
Belecthor
Audible

Post by Belecthor »

Well this is interesting. My copy of the trailer has this music coming in at 1:55, but neither of those lines are in it. Do I have the teaser? Because the Gothic Power music sounds the same. :?:
Mal:"I'm risking my crew on the theory that you're a real person. If you're not, you might as well shoot me now..."
[River cocks the gun she is pointing at Mal]
Mal:[stammering] "Ooooor, we can talk some more..." -Serenity
Blacknumenorean

Ah, I think I may have stumbled upon the problem. A very knowledgeable friend of mine told me last night that most distributors create different trailers for different regional markets, to tailor the films for different tastes (eg Americans like a lot of action in their trailers, brits like a bit of plot, French like a LOT of plot etc).

He suggested that maybe as I'm in the UK, I may be watching a European trailer, while others may be referring to the US trailer. This woud explain why there are lines of dialogue that appear in my trailer that don't in yours, and thus why everyone else is hearing Gothic Power, when I'm hearing something very different.
Gina
Site Admin

Post by Gina »

Fascinating! I would love to see the other international versions of trailers. Poked around a little online but didn't come up with anything immediately. Even though the movie was rubbish, I still have the French Dungeons & Dragons trailer because it was so nicely done.
Blacknumenorean

I'll see if I can d/l the version i've been watching and host it somewhere. Watch this space...
Hirgon
Audible

Post by Hirgon »

Hrm, I think I know the bit you mean... this bit, from the second teaser trailer, yes?

Going by Gina's trailer page, I assume it's "Mother Africa Reprise" by Hans Zimmer from The Power Of One Soundtrack... maybe someone who owns this could confirm / deny? :)
ps2gamer
Audible

Post by ps2gamer »

Hi to all,

i can confirm, it's Mother Africa by Hans Zimmer, i've got a copy of the track, and the excerpt used in the trailer starts at about 0:55 min when listening to the original track.

info:

There are 4 different versions of Gothic Power by X-Ray Dog:

Mix 1, (Teaser Trailer)
Mix 2, (Final Trailer, both about 1:40)
The New Gohtic Power and
The New Gohtic Power Remix
Blacknumenorean

Yay! That's the one! Thanx to all!

Just makes me wonder why apple.com are only offering a "teaser" and a "trailer", with the "teaser" being what is listed here as Teaser 1, and the "trailer" being listed here as Teaser 2. Am I missing a completely different trailer?