The Chronicles of Narnia

Everything's On Topic here
Aragorn51088
Audible

Post by Aragorn51088 »

Wow. I haven't been here for a while. Course, I haven't been much of anywhere for a longer while. I was just wondering if anybody here is interested in the Chronicles of Narnia. If you don't already know, the first movie(The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe) is due to come out 9th December, 2005.

I'm pretty hyped about all this, and was wondering specifically if Gena has any interest in these films.
ryanadc
Audible

Post by ryanadc »

Personally, I'm not overly hyped on seeing the movie--at least not in theaters (if I'm paying for it, anyway). My 4th Grade brother is likely way more excited than I am.

I don't remember how many (if any at all) of the books I have read; however, I have seen (unfortunately) some of the old British tv/film adaptations of the novels--the ones that are Horrible :( . The plot itself, if I recall correctly, was not that bad; but just about everything else was--acting, costumes and makeup, sound, etc.

Now, if the movies have been done in a similar way with what Peter Jackson did with The Lord of the Rings Trilogy (and hopefully will do with The Hobbit in a few years), then I would be a little more interested. Granted, these are only my opinions, and not a real critical analysis nor perhaps a completely fair criticism.

One interesting rumor I saw a few weeks ago at theforce.net was that the Chronicles of Narnia trailer may run with the release of Star Wars: Episode III. I do not, however, recall ever finding a confirmation or denial of said rumor, so I can only bill it as such--a rumor.

To quote Forrest Gump, "That's all I have to say about that."

Edited By ryanadc on 1109082936
If ever you'd meet me / You wouldn't forget me.
If you never do, / You won't think I'm true.
Aragorn51088
Audible

Post by Aragorn51088 »

They are using WETA for special effects, et cetera, so it should be much better than those haunting BBC versions......

By the way, very nice Forrest Gump reference.

Oh! Yes, I saw that announcement on the theforce.net too.