Beautiful healing song? - Extended RoTK

Everything's On Topic here
Anoron
Audible

Post by Anoron »

I am the proud owner of an extended RoTK dvd....and I have watched it many times.

What shocks me is that:

The song which plays when Aragorn is healing Eowyn after the battle in Minas Tirith...is BEAUTIFUL....and yet, not on the soundtrack.

Is there a way to get this piece of music? I heard rumor it was Liv Tyler singing it. Any help would be great :)
I am Jack's complete lack of surprise.....

-Tyler Durdan
ryanadc
Audible

Post by ryanadc »

Umm...THe rumor is true. It is Liv Tyler. Watch the "Music" part of
the 2nd disc of the ROTK Appendices. It talks about it. But the music definitely is very beautiful and I would love to have it.

On another, slightly related note, the DVDs stated that there were 12 hours of music written for the LOTR trilogy; I wonder how much of that we will get for the EE soundtracks. (I'd love to have all 12 hours, but it will put a serious dent in my wallet). Also, (I think i've asked this before, but I will again), is this the appropriate place for posting ROTK:EE requests/suggestions??
If ever you'd meet me / You wouldn't forget me.
If you never do, / You won't think I'm true.
lotrrox

Post by lotrrox »

www.arwen-undomiel.com/oi/Arwens_Song.zip

thats where to find the Arwen houses of healing song
With a sigh, you turn away
With a deepening heart, no more words to say
You will find that the world has changed forever

The trees are now turning from green to gold
And the sun is now fading
I wish I could hold you closer
Gina
Site Admin

Post by Gina »

You can also access the song with http://img-nex.theonering.net/sounds/arwenssong.mp3. I will go ahead and move this topic since the request was "self-fulfilled".
Also, (I think i've asked this before, but I will again), is this the appropriate place for posting ROTK:EE requests/suggestions??
If you really, really have a wonderful specific request, sure I guess - or email me directly (contact form). I still would like to get some more Star Wars sounds up to fill out those respective pages first. And I do plan on adding much from the extended edition on my own eventually. The hitch is TIME! We are moving part of our offices at work this week and so I have had no desire to do more than watch movies/tv in the evening, and after all the holiday stuff too. Yeah whine, whine whine :) Maybe this weekend....

Last bumped by Gina on Thu May 06, 2021 2:37 am.