What's happened to the main page? - "Owned by f0rk"??

Everything's On Topic here
Hirgon
Audible

Post by Hirgon »

Hmm, I've noticed today that when trying to access the main www.audiblebeauty.net page, I just get a message saying:

"Owned By f0rk - Ka0tic Lab - greetz to YC and S4P0"

Is this happening to anyone else? (Have you been hacked or something ???)

Or is it just me?

Cheers!

Hirgon
Alassea
Audible

Post by Alassea »

I get the same thing ???
Hope it's soon to be fixed :(
Gina
Site Admin

Post by Gina »

Yikes! This happened last week too and fixed by simply republishing. I called and talked to technical support and it seems to be a frontpage security issue which I should be able to fix shortly. In the meantime it is only the home page that is affected so other pages like www.audiblebeauty.net/lordoftherings.htm and so on work fine.

Sorry about the hassle everyone!
Asky

Post by Asky »

Don't people have better things to do with their time than being irritating and destructive? :angry:
Gina
Site Admin

Post by Gina »

The main page is now published and back up. I am still having trouble with frontpage extensions (what a pain!), but that's background stuff that most visitors shouldn't notice.

Thanks for the help in alerting me to this problem. Feel free to email me anytime sounds at audiblebeauty dot net for future concerns or questions.
ryanadc
Audible

Post by ryanadc »

On a somewhat related note.......(this site is ok, so stay calm)
It's more like, What happened to the homepage on my computer?
Answer: some nasty spyware writer's CoolWebSearch code has hijacked my homepage in Internet Explorer (and sometimes AOL) to about:blank but yet it comes up with a "search engine" looking page.
This thing is really nasty; everytime I try to replace "about:blank" in my internet options with "http://www.audiblebeauty.net", the stupid code replaces the address again whenever I'm not looking. It's very annoying. :angry:
Ad-aware, Spybot, and even Norton do not stop it; it is going to take some heavy-duty registry editing to kill it (or, if that doesn't work, a wipe and restore of the hard drive).
The jerk(s) who coded this are trying, apparently, to sell--get this--ANTISPYWARE tools. Wait...isn't that blackmail?
->Buy our stuff to get rid of our malicious, obnoxious stuff?
->yeah right, as if that'd ever work.
So anyway, to end my sad, annoying story, I just want to warn anyone who may be caught unawares by this thing. i was. and now, it's too late for anything like Norton Go-Back™ <which is a very nice tool to have for restoring your hard drive back to saved points (which it saves automatically), and which i'd recommend>. just trying to keep everyone informed.
Beware the adware.

--<Later>
Phew. I've finally managed to get rid of it. If anyone has had this problem, I, among many others, recommend CWShredder. It worked on the first try. Now I've changed to Firefox (mozilla) for my browser, and am just trying it out. Hopefully I'll be bidding adeiu to much unwanted spyware.

Edited By ryanadc on 1098921978
If ever you'd meet me / You wouldn't forget me.
If you never do, / You won't think I'm true.
Gina
Site Admin

Post by Gina »

Goodness, that's too bad. Glad you were able to fix it - computer problems can be the absolute worst.

Hey I'm also just trying Firefox today--liking it so far :)

Last bumped by Gina on Thu May 06, 2021 1:48 am.