Sci-fi channel commercial --------- HELP!

Discuss the music used in movie trailers, <a href=http://audiblebeauty.net/trailers.htm>Lord of the Rings</a> or otherwise.
Hobbit_Girl
Audible

Sci-fi channel commercial --------- HELP!

Post by Hobbit_Girl »

Hey again, everyone,

Ok, first off, I know that commercials are different from movie trailers, but I don't know where else to put this. Also, I don't know if any of you will be able to help, but it's worth a shot.

In 2003, the Sci-Fi channel ran a commercial advertising the movies that were to premire on that channnel in 2004. It played every Sunday night before Stephen Spielburg's (sp?) "Taken". It showed a bunch of clips from movies such as (that I can remember) Jurassic Park, Final Fantasy, Mission To Mars, Queen of the Damned, there might have been some from Children of Dune, and maybe something from Dragonfly. When the commercial started, it showed a caption that said "Imagination lives"; at the end of the commercial, it captioned "Imagination lives... on Sci-Fi".

OK, during this commercial there was AWESOME music playing! It was an orchestrated piece with female vocals in the beginning. It started off slow but really picked up pace. It was INCREDIBLE!

One night I had the sense to tape the commercial, for the sole reason of the music used. However, about a year ago, that commercial accidentally got erased. :cry: Ever since, I've been on a desperate search to find out what that music was.

So far, I've found precious little. I've found out that there was a series of commercials similar to this (themed "imagination lives") that aired on Sci-Fi around that time, but as far as I know the rest of them were for TV shows and had different music (I've downloaded those, so I know the music is different). The best I've found has said that it was the song "Nara" by E.S. Posthumus; however, I have that song, and it's NOT IT. So some people say that it was a sort of "director's cut" of Nara. But, to my ears at least, the two songs sound nothing alike.

Anyway, that's all the information I have been able to turn up. Does anyone else remember this commercial, and do you have any information about the whereabouts of this song? Better yet, do any of you, by chance, happen to have it on tape and are capable of uploading it? lol

I know this is a long shot, but it's worth a go. Thanks in advance for any help.

God bless,
~Hobbit Girl
From the ashes a fire shall woken,
A light from the shadow shall spring,
Renewed shall be blade that was broken,
The crownless again shall be king
Gina
Site Admin

Post by Gina »

I am not a regular view of Sci-Fi channel so sorry I did not see this commercial. Of course "Nara" is the opening theme song to the tv show Cold Case. In fact it is slightly modified with an added female vocal at the beginning - I wonder if that's the difference you hear?

More: http://www.scifi.com/downloads/videos.html has many of the channel's original spots, many created in or around 2003 and later by Smoke&Mirrors (http://www.smoke-mirrors.com/smweb/). I think the spot you are looking for many not be as stand alone given that it is advertising feature films and not sci-fi originals, just a guess.

Last bumped by Gina on Thu May 06, 2021 2:01 am.