ROTK - ROTK trailer

Discuss the music used in movie trailers, <a href=http://audiblebeauty.net/trailers.htm>Lord of the Rings</a> or otherwise.
an_mjb_film
Audible

Post by an_mjb_film »

I don't really understand how people can get a clear and uninterupted trailer song here. How come other websites can do it? Gina........ if you put your mind to it I'm sure this website will be a very popular one if you got the ROTK trailer music! I'm saying this because everyone is looking for it! Just try! :)!!!!!!!!!!!! C'mon I'm sure you'd do a good job!

Many thanks and gratitude,
MJB
P.S. This is an idea not a request!
Whenever you miss a wave keep on paddling.
Gina
Site Admin

Post by Gina »

Hey don't think I don't agree! Unfortunately it's not a matter of just doing it, as far as I can figure anyone who doesn't actually have some inside source at the stuido/trailer music company can't extract just the music. With some audio tools yes you can do a "vocal cut" which chops out the center channel of a multi-channel source, which online trailers are not really usual examples. You can still try a vocal cut but it sounds horrible, most of the dialogue is gone but you get echo and all the sound effects still left.

However, I don't even think when the DVD comes out the trailer on it we'll have any better of a chance (i.e. better stereo source).

These things have had a habit of getting out eventually before, so though you might not like hearing it, better just have some patience. :)
King Elessar

Post by King Elessar »

If you wanted the major part of the Return of the King trailer, just listen to the last forty five seconds or so of Track Three (Minas Tirith) on the soundtrack! And I've seen the other part, the part with the rapid sucession of images, on the message board before (Go to: http://rotktrailer.webhop.net/) . Also, if the creator of the music reads this, I wasn't intending to take credit, just passing on the link.
an_mjb_film
Audible

Post by an_mjb_film »

It did not work! :( I think I've heard that one before! A clean copy!!!!!!!!!!! :angry:( of the trailer) The whole thing is so cool! The nice melodic beginning with a grand ending! Check out the Japanese trailer for a cool "sort of remix" of it...not much!

Edited By an_mjb_film on 1084322474
Gina
Site Admin

Post by Gina »

I had heard King Elessar's link before (Tigerlord posted on this very board awhile back). I did not comment before because I don't want to get into every conversation here :) but I'll just say now that no, it's not a very good nor clean copy. It is barely pieced together in a manner I that could probably even do better, except I don't want to because it's not worth the effort. I guess I'm picky but I just simply want the best version right off and don't want to muck around with anything less.

Patience, my friends :)
Hirgon
Audible

Post by Hirgon »

*shrug* Well, I've cobbled together my attempt at the trailer music - available here.

(What does it say about you when, upon receiving the DVD, the first thing you do is not watch the film, not watch the extras, no, it's to try and get the trailer music... :p)
King Elessar

Post by King Elessar »

Yay! This is SO good! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You!
Gina
Site Admin

Post by Gina »

WOW, how do you DO that? Way awesome!! Thank you very much.

I did previously spend a good chunk of time trying to work with mixing channels and stuff but apparently I don't really know what I'm doing, as I never could get the vocals to go away, just sound muted and scratchy. I am glad someone figured it out, but if an original "clean" copy never did get released, then where would we be?

Thanks again!

P.S. Since you are so good at extracting music--like unreleased cues--I'd like to suggest some of the many examples of Eowyn's theme used in ROTK. Lovely stuff not really found on the soundtrack...
Gina
Site Admin

Post by Gina »

Hirgon wrote:(What does it say about you when, upon receiving the DVD, the first thing you do is not watch the film, not watch the extras, no, it's to try and get the trailer music... :p)
And oh yeah, I wasn't keeping a mental list of good quotes as I watched it through last night... :;):
Jedi-Elf
Audible

Post by Jedi-Elf »

Hirgon, that is beyond awesome! *bows down to your amazing skills* Thanks so much! Wow...just wow.
an_mjb_film
Audible

Post by an_mjb_film »

YOU ARE THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!! As the starter of this post, thank you, thank you... :laugh: it is officially closed ??? We have found possibly the bst copy of the best trailer music! HIRGON YOU ARE THE BEST! Have fun!
Hirgon
Audible

Post by Hirgon »

Cheers everyone, glad people like it :)

(I'll agree that trying to do this from the Quicktime trailers was a bit hopeless though - I did try, and got absolutely nowhere! Thank heavens for the nice Surround Sound on the DVD - makes it much easier :))
P.S. Since you are so good at extracting music--like unreleased cues--I'd like to suggest some of the many examples of Eowyn's theme used in ROTK. Lovely stuff not really found on the soundtrack...
Would be happy to give it a try - do you have any specific scenes in mind?
an_mjb_film
Audible

Post by an_mjb_film »

Can you get this music from ROTK? On the DVD chapter "The Battle of Pellanor Fields" the choir music at the very beginning sounds beautiful! Please!
Thanks to you Hirgon,
mjb

P.S. The site is officially open again!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
Gina
Site Admin

Post by Gina »

Hirgon wrote:
Would be happy to give it a try - do you have any specific scenes in mind?
Actually turns out someone else is interested too. See this request which are pretty much the scenes I was also thinking of.

I have fiddled before with the nice multi-channel DVD audio but perhaps I'll have to try again to grab music in the future. I'd be happy to try and get what I've sort of "requested" plus other's requests but sheesh I'm busy now! Like at the moment trying to work out technical details of starting an online business - egads!

Last bumped by Gina on Thu May 06, 2021 2:13 am.