trilogy  trailer

Discuss the music used in movie trailers, <a href=http://audiblebeauty.net/trailers.htm>Lord of the Rings</a> or otherwise.
Eowyn

Post by Eowyn »

Hi!

Can anyone help me? I would like to know how the song is called, which starts in the end of the trilogy trailer where Gandalf is. It's so a beautiful song.

Edited By Eowyn on 1082044298
~Even the smallest person can change the course of the future.~
AgentUnderFire
Audible

Post by AgentUnderFire »

Eowyn wrote:Can anyone help me? I would like to know how the song is called, which starts in the end of the trilogy trailer where Gandalf is. It's so a beautiful song.
The song played at the end is the second verse of "In Dreams", sung by Edward Ross. The music was written by Howard Shore, the lyrics Fran Walsh. It can be found in track 17, "The Breaking of the Fellowship" on the FOTR soundtrack.

I love that song myself. Although I found it a little odd that they show Gandalf twice during that montage... oh well. I hope this was helpful! :)
Eowyn

Post by Eowyn »

Yeah, it was really helpful. Thank you!:) I knew that this song is on the soundtrack, but i didn't know on which soundtrack.
I haven't listen to the fellowship soundtrack for a while.

Yeah, the same thing i've thought too. Why they have to show Gandalf twice. Anyway, i really like this trailer. Especially the end of it.

Edited By Eowyn on 1082142501
~Even the smallest person can change the course of the future.~
AgentUnderFire
Audible

Post by AgentUnderFire »

Eowyn wrote:Yeah, the same thing i've thought too. Why they have to show Gandalf twice. Anyway, i really like this trailer. Especially the end of it.
I love the ending too! "I will go there...and back again..." Very nice. I like this song better than the songs written for the movies. ("May It Be", "Gollum's Song", "Into the West) But that's just me.

I think they show Gandalf twice because you hear him say "We come to it at last.", and then his second appearance is supposed to be part of the montage. That's my guess, but that part could have been edited better. Oh well.
mallovoriel

Post by mallovoriel »

I also agree. In Dreams is very beautiful, it really gives u a sense of friendship and courage. I also love Into the West, the song that was written as the theme for RotK. It makes me cry every time i listen to it. Its so sad and really leaves a deep impact on people who have lost loved ones in their lifetime. This might sound a bit corny but I suppose the reason i love it so much is because the first time I heard it was just after my grandmother passed away and it made me feel better.
"Its only a passing thing, this shadow..."

~She-Elven warrior of Mirkwood~