RotK trailer song

Discuss the music used in movie trailers, <a href=http://audiblebeauty.net/trailers.htm>Lord of the Rings</a> or otherwise.
Telperion

Post by Telperion »

Hi :) I just bought the RotK soundtrack, and to my surprise, one of the best songs (in my opinion) from the Trailer isnt in the soundtrack. Im talking about the song that is on trailer when we see Minas Tirith and the army of Mordor and Aragorn is saying : " I see in your eyes the same fear.." .
Any idea of what song is it? Is it from Howard Shore? Where could I buy or download it?

Thanks in advance and sorry for my poor english hehe :D
Gina
Site Admin

Post by Gina »

Sorry, but have you looked around the rest of the web site at all? Give http://www.audiblebeauty.net/trailers.htm a spin for starters...

Repeat after me, "Trailer music is never meant to be in the actual film or soundtrack"

Howard Shore: "Trailers rarely use the music from the movie"

P.S. Your English is just fine. As someone who answers information requests for a living, I always appreciate people however who do a little investigating on their own before asking a question. :)
colagreenleaf

Post by colagreenleaf »

Howard Shore didnt write that piece and I've also been looking for it! I think it's from Crimson Tide though; lots of trailers use songs that arent from the film but are from another.

I have one CT track and it sounds similar but its not perfect!
Gina
Site Admin

Post by Gina »

Guest wrote:Howard Shore didnt write that piece and I've also been looking for it! I think it's from Crimson Tide though; lots of trailers use songs that arent from the film but are from another.

I have one CT track and it sounds similar but its not perfect!
All the main music in the Return of the King trailers were written by Howard Shore, either taken directly from previous soundtracks of Lord of the Rings, or the "Gondor theme" used in the film (and re-orchestrated slightly by other musicians). You can hear close to the exact trailer music in ROTK when Gandalf and Pippin enter and go through Minas Tirith.

Telperion, in looking at your question again I think the music you are referring to is probably just filler music inbetween TTT music and the ROTK Gondor theme. There are companies that all they do is provide short bursts of mood appropriate music. It can also be from another movie, if someone figures it out post the CD and track number for sure!

Last bumped by Gina on Thu May 06, 2021 2:11 am.