Possible Return of the King trailer music!

Discuss the music used in movie trailers, <a href=http://audiblebeauty.net/trailers.htm>Lord of the Rings</a> or otherwise.
Jedi-Elf
Audible

Post by Jedi-Elf »

This article basically explains the topic title. It's actually from the middle of August but I thought I'd let you all know in case you haven't heard. :)
LOTR Trailer Music from Music Box

If you want to go straight to the two music selections that I'm talking about...
Orcs on Patrol
Sauron's Grip
They are both wonderful pieces and I think they'd suit the Return of the King trailer wonderfully. Sauron's Grip is especially good. It reminds me a lot of Gothic Power which was used for the Fellowship trailer.
If you want info on the company who made this music, their homepage is MagicBox Lots of links I know : D but they are all worth checking out.
Enjoy!!!

(By the way, anyone know of the official release date of the trailer? I had thought it was September 16th, but I may be wrong.) :)
Shethemja
Audible

Post by Shethemja »

That's really cool. Awesome music, thankee for the link. Sorcerers Secret sounds familiar for some reason.
wondering

Post by wondering »

how can i get this music onto my computer to burn?
Is there a way to copy it off of the site clip?
Pls help
alex

Post by alex »

I was hoping that someone could suggest some music (downloadable) that would match with LOTR TT trailer (requiem for a dream). Can be from any film or whatever.
For example Gothic Power is excellent but i cant find a good quality version. :( But something similar would be great.

I need to make a figure skating program (approx 4 min) and need music to blend with this powerful track. The music off of magic box is great but I cannot download/purchase these tracks to use.

Any assistance would be kindly appreciated.
Thank you
-A
Jedi-Elf
Audible

Post by Jedi-Elf »

Wondering: No unfortuantly it's not possible to download those music clips. I'd tried before and was very disappointed to find out I couldn't. :(

Alex: I have a great 4 minute version of that trailer music from TTT. It's awesome! I could send it to you if you're still interested. I've also had similair problems downloading a high quality version of Gothic Power. I do have several versions on my harddrive though, so I'll look through them today and see if any of them are of good quality.

If by some miracle someone gets those magicbox tracks available for download, I'll post them. :)
frodofan

Post by frodofan »

To save the clips on your computer...go to the clip...(the grey bar where you can push play/pause/stop etc) right click on it and then chose "save as"...then select the file you want to save them in...it works!

happy listening all!
Jedi-Elf
Audible

Post by Jedi-Elf »

Thanks for the top Frodofan, yet it's not working for me. :( Does that work for anyone else?
Hirgon
Audible

Post by Hirgon »

Try right-clicking on the two links below and choosing 'Save as...' - might hopefully work a bit better.

Sauron's Grip

Orcs On Patrol
Jedi-Elf
Audible

Post by Jedi-Elf »

You are awesome Hirgon!! Thanks!
andy5436

Post by andy5436 »

can you please post new links to the music. they don't work.
Hirgon
Audible

Post by Hirgon »

Heh, now here's a topic from the past :)

I remember all the discussion these clips prompted originally... funny that it all turned out to be a complete waste of time, because in the end the actual trailer used completely different music. :P

Anyway the Sauron's Grip clip seems to still be available at the Magic Box site here

The original Orcs On Patrol (Sorcerer's Secret) track doesn't appear to be there anymore - whilst there is a clip with the same name, it's not the same one as before. (Can't say I'm too sad, I was never a fan of the original clip - sounded too much like Warcraft computer game music to me!)