Two Towers requiem for a dream remix, not availabl

Discuss the music used in movie trailers, <a href=http://audiblebeauty.net/trailers.htm>Lord of the Rings</a> or otherwise.
jln

Post by jln »

hi,
I can`t download it from your site anymore, and I looked all over the web (really! been looking for more than 2 houres now!) and I really can`t find it :(

could you please make it available to download again?
Gina
Site Admin

Post by Gina »

Hello,

Don't panic or anything, I just reorganized some of my files and it looks like the link is off a bit. I'll get you the actual link in just a sec...
Gina
Site Admin

Post by Gina »

Try this link - requiem.wav

Remember this is just a clip from the trailer and not the entire "song" used throughout the trailer. I along with everyone else is still awaiting that one...
jln

Post by jln »

Gina wrote:Try this link - requiem.wav

Remember this is just a clip from the trailer and not the entire "song" used throughout the trailer. I along with everyone else is still awaiting that one...
thank you, it`s a bit short though :(

I also ripped the song, but with speech in it
http://212.204.215.117/snert/lotr2.mp3 the mp3 version (2,3 mb)
http://212.204.215.117/snert/lotr2.wma the wma version (1,17 mb)
jcross

Post by jcross »

does anyone know if the song is going to be released ?
Gina
Site Admin

Post by Gina »

According to Clint Mansell's official site www.clintatthecontrols.com there is word that yes it will be released, possilbly after Two Towers itself is out. I found this out on the site's messageboards, which you have to join to read but it's worth it at least for this kind of news.
jln

Post by jln »

Yeay!

I have the exact song which they used in the trailer!! :D

Exact! It`s 1:16 minute long, but I don`t know if I may post a link here to the file..
Gina
Site Admin

Post by Gina »

Well I admit I certainly want this thing badly, but I do want to respect the wishes of the composer (which relayed through his web site is that the original orchestration should not be distributed).

However since there are several versions floating around, including many that are "vocal-cut" trailers pretty much, or even highly talented remixes of remixes, maybe you could explain in general terms the source of the file?...i.e. the main web site, or a messageboard...
jln

Post by jln »

hey,
after a LONG search I finally found some guy, who had some connections or something and he gave me the original orchestration version, from which a mix is used in LOTR :).

So, from this original song I`ve created the LOTR mix used in the trailer, and since I do not suck at mixing songs, it had become EXACT the same :D!!!!! As a test, I played it along with the trailer, and I couldn`t hear one difference! :D

So I gues not a lot of people have this remix song..
and so there`s also not a source where you can get it, since I`m the only person I know who has it.
fbs

Post by fbs »

pleez post a link! i would love to hear :)
jln

Post by jln »

:D Offcourse ! :)

but I think I first have to get some of the mods to agree ???
Gina
Site Admin

Post by Gina »

Oh go ahead, no use being noble here, 'sides I'm curious.

If anyone has a problem, that is what the 'delete' post button is for :)
jln

Post by jln »

oke, I will start uploading soon :) :cool:
jln

Post by jln »

sorry about not posting it for so long :(

I gues you guys must be thinking that I didn`t have it or something :/

but the truth is, could somebody lend me a place to upload it too, because if it`s illegal, and it probably is, I don`t want to get any trouble with my provider for my website.

So, someone ? :)
jln

Post by jln »

no one wants to have this song?!