Words in "Evacuating London" (Narnia track)

Everything's On Topic here
Shethemja
Audible

Words in "Evacuating London" (Narnia track)

Post by Shethemja »

In the score to The Chronicles of Narnia, there is a track called "Evacuating London". Basically this is the part where the children take the train out into the countryside, and behind is this voice ... it sounds kind of like "Long way from home, so tender .." Or something.

Anybody know the lyrics to that, or where to find them?
Gina
Site Admin

Post by Gina »

Found the info on another messageboard: http://www.narniafans.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1917
I read some of you wanted to know the lyrics to that very nice song at the beginning of the film, when the train drives around.
As already said, it's sung by Lisbeth Scott, and the song is originally called "One breath", on the soundtrack it's "Evacuating London".
Alright, I wrote an email to Ms Scott and asked her about the lyrics, and she wrote me back and so here they are:

"One Breath for all
So tender beneath the wall
One Breathe For all
Feel this, feel this, feel this,
So tender...."

So I hope now you are all happy hihi! I think this song is totally awsome!!
Even though I don't understand the "beneath the wall" part int he song, but the rest is clear now. the voices in the background sing the "feel this" part all the time.

Ms Scott also wrote that the idea behind this song is as followed: The idea....we're all one...wherever we are....however we feel at any
given moment...."
Right from the source! I agree that it is a beautiful bit of music.

Last bumped by Gina on Thu May 06, 2021 2:41 am.