For Lack of a Better Topic to Discuss...

Everything's On Topic here
huntsomeorc
Audible

For Lack of a Better Topic to Discuss...

Post by huntsomeorc »

For people on this messageboard who are looking for something to pass the time while waiting for Episode III clips and the like, here is a topic where you can post any random (appropriate) comments that you have, be it a joke, fact, or etc. Please people let's make this an active board let's try to get at least 15 posts or more of anything creative. Thank you.
I've got a jar of dirt! I've got a jar of dirt! And guess what's inside it! - Jack Sparrow "Dead Man's Chest"
Belecthor
Audible

Post by Belecthor »

Well, I guess I'll start things off then.

If any of you are interested in online gaming, especially EverQuest II, Star Wars Galaxies, or World of Warcraft, and are looking for a guild, may I suggest the one I belong to: The Crescent Order. We're a tight-knit community that extends well beyond the realm of gaming. So even if you don't play any games, check us out. :D
Mal:"I'm risking my crew on the theory that you're a real person. If you're not, you might as well shoot me now..."
[River cocks the gun she is pointing at Mal]
Mal:[stammering] "Ooooor, we can talk some more..." -Serenity
Gina
Site Admin

Post by Gina »

From a song title of John Dowland (Renaissance composer):
If my complaints could passions move
Seems to fit my working life at least :)

More...
Serenity is one of the best movies this year.

Never knew bunnies could be so cute (Wallace & Gromit)

Speaking in front of a group of people is scary (even when you are prepared)
Gina
Site Admin

Re: For Lack of a Better Topic to Discuss...

Post by Gina »

huntsomeorc wrote:...pass the time while waiting for Episode III clips and the like...
Just a warning that I will be gone the weekend (leaving Thurs.) after the release date so I can't say when the first updates can get finished.
ryanadc
Audible

New Harry Potter Soundtrack

Post by ryanadc »

First of all, if you're interested, I'd suggest visiting this link:
AOL Music

Where one can listen to a streamed version of the Motion Picture Soundtrack for Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.

In case you do not know, John Williams sadly did not, I repeat, not score the music for this film. Patrick Doyle did. However, I am listening to it now, and while some things are very different (tracks such as "Do the Hippogrif", "This is the Night", and "Magic Works" are all vocals tracks), the music seems very exciting, and there's still a snippet or two of the main Harry Potter theme...but taken farther-which is nice. Just as long as the music fits the film, things should come out okay.

If you're interested in purchasing the CD, preorders can be placed on Amazon.com now; or you can wait until November 15th and go to the store to buy it.

UPDATE: Oh yes, for those who are familiar with the books...the Weird Systers make an appearance on the album...

On another note, I saw The Corpse Bride the other weekend. It was good; I personally liked it better than The Nightmare Before Christmas. It certainly was much less bizarre. The music is along the same lines as Nightmare-plenty of singing. However, the movie isn't a sequel. It stands on its own in terms of plot-you need not have seen The Nightmare Before Christmas to understand the movie.
If ever you'd meet me / You wouldn't forget me.
If you never do, / You won't think I'm true.
Belecthor
Audible

Post by Belecthor »

Speaking of movies... GO SEE SERENITY! I agree, it's one of the best movies of 2005 (and the only one I've bothered to see in the theatre besides RotS this year).

I'll leave you with a few quotes (obviously not available in audio form yet...)

Wash: "This is gonna get pretty interesting."
Mal: "Define 'interesting'."
Wash: [deadpan] "Oh God, oh God, we're all going to die?"

Operative: "I want to resolve this like civilized men. I'm not threatening you. I'm unarmed."
Mal: "Good." [pulls gun and shoots Operative in the chest, knocking him into the wall, grabs Inara and gets ready to leave]
Operative: [grabs Mal from behind] "I am, however, wearing full body armor. I am not a moron!"

Jayne: "Hell, I'll kill a man in a fair fight, or if I think he's gonna start a fair fight, or if he bothers me, or if there's a woman, or if I'm gettin paid; mostly only when I'm gettin paid. But eating people alive, when does that get fun?"

Wash: "Can we start with the part where Jayne gets beat up by a 90 pound girl? Because that's never getting old."

:D
Mal:"I'm risking my crew on the theory that you're a real person. If you're not, you might as well shoot me now..."
[River cocks the gun she is pointing at Mal]
Mal:[stammering] "Ooooor, we can talk some more..." -Serenity
huntsomeorc
Audible

Post by huntsomeorc »

Serenity definitely was a great movie compared to the bombs that came before it. It didn't have the budget that Episode III had but still turned out to be fun and exciting.

Anyone looking forward to King Kong? That is gonna be the movie of the holidays. Still wondering how Jack Black will fare as Carl Denham but I feel Jackson knows what he's doing.

Another holiday movie that is gonna be great is Harry Potter IV. Already got tickets for that one. :D
I've got a jar of dirt! I've got a jar of dirt! And guess what's inside it! - Jack Sparrow "Dead Man's Chest"