Favorite Movie of all time?

Everything's On Topic here
huntsomeorc
Audible

Favorite Movie of all time?

Post by huntsomeorc »

Hey y'all,

Out of curiousity, let's see what movies people on this board think are the best. If this board goes over well I might make similar "favorite" topics.

Mine is (of course) Lord of the Rings. It's not just the special effects that amaze me but the people dedicated to getting every little detail correct like weapons, costumes, etc. The gamble on making these movies in the first place... The long nights Jackson and the crew stayed up... The list goes on and on. They deserved those Oscars more than any other movie that year or maybe ever (in my opinion).

Now let's hear from you...
I've got a jar of dirt! I've got a jar of dirt! And guess what's inside it! - Jack Sparrow "Dead Man's Chest"
Gina
Site Admin

Post by Gina »

That is a really hard question!

For longevity I think I might have to go with Star Wars which has been an important part of my life for a long time. But then there was Lord of the Rings coming almost out of nowhere (did not read the books until just before Fellowship) that so blessed my life. There are so many other movies I love for so many reasons, but then there is a method behind the choices for what I have featured here on the web site :)

At the moment though, I find I'm really into books and reading and haven't even been to the theater for almost a month (I usually go much more often, maybe it's just that time of year). Add to that extreme excitment for my annual trip to my favorite Shakespearean Festival later this week and all I can think about are star-crossed lovers and indecisive princes.
Belecthor
Audible

Post by Belecthor »

I'll have to split this into two categories:

Fantasy: FotR:EE. By far the best of the LotR movies, in my opinion, simply because it is the closest to Tolkien's work.

Sci-Fi: RotJ. I know a lot of people complain about the 'teddy bears', but the stories of Anakin's redemption and Luke's near fall, the spectacular space battle,and everything else just made this movie perfect for me.

I can't really decide which one I like better, since they are so different.
Mal:"I'm risking my crew on the theory that you're a real person. If you're not, you might as well shoot me now..."
[River cocks the gun she is pointing at Mal]
Mal:[stammering] "Ooooor, we can talk some more..." -Serenity