Episode 3 Soundtrack Release Date - I know when it is...

Everything's On Topic here
ryanadc
Audible

Post by ryanadc »

I was just wondering recently when the Episode III (Revenge of the Sith) Soundtrack would be coming out. I just checked theforce.net 's website, and found the answer:....
http://www.theforce.net/topstor....500.asp

...The Soundtrack is coming out May 3, 2005. Ah....Something else to wait for :)
If ever you'd meet me / You wouldn't forget me.
If you never do, / You won't think I'm true.
Gina
Site Admin

Post by Gina »

:)

Although I never listen to a soundtrack before I see the movie, so these early release dates are always so hard! Can I buy it and not listen to it, nor for that matter look at the track titles (as in Episode 1)? We shall see!
ryanadc
Audible

Post by ryanadc »

My problem is that I usually wait a while before I go and see a movie (fewer crowds that way).

If you need something to hold you over until then, at least in terms of CDs, here are two of my suggestions:

1. I found this doing my Christmas shopping at a local BestBuy--
(Sir) James Galway-"Wings of Song".
>> It's a very peaceful CD, and the second-to-last track contains a "Lord of the Rings Suite" for the flute; most of it is from ROTK. This IS the artist featured in such tracks on the ROTK soundtrack as "The Black Gate", "The Return of the King", and "The Grey Havens"

2. I may have suggested this (well, technically, these) before:
John Williams-"Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban Original Soundtrack" (Also the Other Harry Potter Soundtracks).
>>Composed and Conducted by the same wonderful man who brought us Star Wars (among many, many others), HP:POA is a delightable soundtrack; parts of it sound extremely like Star Wars Episode II. The soundtrack is very well-done (you'll know if you saw the movies). The final track, "Mischief Managed", is a suite of many of the other themes heard earlier in the CD; the transitions will catch you offguard; this is the music that plays behind the clever final credits sequence in the movie.

That's it. I know my "mini" reviews/ recommendations were not so "mini," but I just hope to share something really cool. Both of these CDs can be found in stores or online, so I recommend you try and/or buy them. They should hold anyone who really loves the SW and LOTR music over for at least a little bit.
Gina
Site Admin

Post by Gina »

Thanks for the suggestions! I just watched a special on Mr Galway and was interested in purchasing a CD of his (loved his work on Lord of the Rings of course!). This recording sounds like a good choice.

I LOVE the Harry Potter 3 soundtrack - but then I do play in the Renaissance music ensemble so this music is just perfect. The previous two were just fine but this is the best by John Williams right now. My favorite tracks includes Window to the Past, Double Trouble and Hagrid the Professor.
ryanadc
Audible

Post by ryanadc »

I bought the soundtrack yesterday afternoon and already love it, although the sound is a bit different from what I expected. I'll put more up later today when I get the time...and perhaps I'll add a full review of the CD to one of my websites...
Haven't seen the DVD yet for the disc; I'll be watching it tonight.
Gina
Site Admin

Post by Gina »

Well I purchased it couple of days before the movie came out and didn't even so much as look at the back, let alone open it up. Then by accident I never took it out of the car so ended up with it at hand on the way from the movie at 3am opening day.

Yeah it's great!

Espeically coming from these last few years of LOTR with so much choral work I always love to hear more. Plus lots and lots of quotes of known themes from throughout the other five movies. One cue I miss so far include the very distinct drums at the beginning as we behold the battle over Coruscant. I look forward to the day when perhaps we can get a two-disc set for each of the prequels - done well of course. I remember so looking forward to the Ulimate Edition of TPM and it being produced rather hastily to create quite choppy feel. Oh well.

I already have four music samples up at http://audiblebeauty.net/revenge.htm and hope to get more music up for alll the SW pages.

Last bumped by Gina on Thu May 06, 2021 2:39 am.