LOTR - OMP-Soundtrack?

Everything's On Topic here
Stealthsnake

Post by Stealthsnake »

heyho everyone.

does anyone know, if, and if, when an "Original Motion Picture Soundtrack" for the three movies will come out?
preverable for the SEE.
in case of star wars, this had happened. the SW SEE (episodes 4-6) was released on 3 times 2 soundtrack cd's. i know it, i have them here. but i'd like to add maybe 3 times 2 LOTR - Soundtrack cd's.

anything known so far? all i could find on the net were overdated ratings of the already published soundtrack. no comments, speculations or release dates.

but maybe u know. i'd appreciate any (preferably good) news on that topic.

so long.

sgn.,
Stealthsnake®
ryanadc
Audible

Post by ryanadc »

If I understand you correctly, you are asking if anyone knows about the Lord of the Rings: Extended Edition Soundtrack(s). This has come up in other posts on this site. Again, what is known is that Howard Shore's EE soundtracks are supposedly coming out in March 2005--I feel confident that they ARE coming; I'm just wondering WHEN--however, no specific dates have been given yet.
As January is now half over and March is not too far ahead, I too have been thinking about the EE music and how much of the music will actually be released. It seems that most everyone is silently waiting, waiting, waiting......
If ever you'd meet me / You wouldn't forget me.
If you never do, / You won't think I'm true.
huntsomeorc
Audible

Post by huntsomeorc »

So I'm guessing this is never going to happen? It is May and LOTR is old news. It really is a true shame as there was SO much good music that wasn't on the ROTK soundtrack (or the other two soundtracks for that matter). It just doesn't seem like Howard Shore would make a promise like that and then forget about it...
I've got a jar of dirt! I've got a jar of dirt! And guess what's inside it! - Jack Sparrow "Dead Man's Chest"
ryanadc
Audible

Post by ryanadc »

Yes, I am rather disappointed that I have heard nothing at all about the EE Soundtrack for LOTR. Now, however, I am too caught up in waiting for Star Wars Episode 3, both the Soundtrack (Released May 3), and the Movie (Released May 19; new update--rating is PG-13).
Waiting for the Star Wars movie while trying to avoid spoilers is what's keeping me going. Besides, I'm trying to give LOTR a rest for a while--watched it too much these past 2 years. I still have some hope for the soundtrack--just a little. I just wish that they'd let us know if they're not going to release it after all.

I especially can't wait since the STar Wars CD will include a 70 minute DVD with music videos, etc. ((See
Star Wars Shop--Episode 3 Soundtrack for more details)) Of course, I probably won't watch the DVD until after I see the movie.

[Sighs while submitting post]

Edited By ryanadc on 1113846706
Belecthor
Audible

Post by Belecthor »

So.... any new information on this yet?
Mal:"I'm risking my crew on the theory that you're a real person. If you're not, you might as well shoot me now..."
[River cocks the gun she is pointing at Mal]
Mal:[stammering] "Ooooor, we can talk some more..." -Serenity
Gina
Site Admin

Post by Gina »

The last I heard was that release had been pushed back until at least the end of this year, maybe even early next year. It's all a matter of getting everything together at the optimum marketing time (like the holidays), plus probably some other things that always seem to come up.
Gina
Site Admin

Post by Gina »

Update: News is filtering down via Doug Adams (who has written the companion book yet to be released on the music) that there will be a staggered release, perhaps like
  • November (2005) - Fellowship
  • January/couple months later - Two Towers
  • couple months after that - Return of the King
Here's a link to keep an eye on for more details: http://forums.theonering.com/viewtopic2 ... 8&start=90
huntsomeorc
Audible

Post by huntsomeorc »

ATTENTION! ATTENTION!

This just in from http://www.theonering.net:

'Lord of the Rings' scores its own CD

9/16/05, 3:30 pm EST - Xoanon

From USA Today: Nothing about the Lord of the Rings trilogy has been scaled small. A big story took three lengthy films to tell, with even longer DVD versions. The same type of thinking has been applied to the films' music. The complete score for the first installment, The Fellowship of the Ring, will be released Nov. 22 by Reprise/WMG Soundtracks in a four-disc set. Three of the discs will encompass the first complete release of Howard Shore's score, including two songs by Enya. The fourth disc is a music DVD showcasing the score in 5.1 surround sound.

This is what we've all been waiting for! Nov. 22!
I've got a jar of dirt! I've got a jar of dirt! And guess what's inside it! - Jack Sparrow "Dead Man's Chest"
ryanadc
Audible

Post by ryanadc »

[Drools]...3 discs + DVD....Too bad I won't be able to afford it in a timely matter (Spent nearly $2K this summer on my new computer). Well, I can always try asking for it for Birthday/Christmas (My birthday's the 26th). Anyway, thanx for the update!! :)
Gina
Site Admin

Post by Gina »

Woo hoo!! :D Excellent news!!!
Belecthor
Audible

Post by Belecthor »

huntsomeorc wrote:The complete score for the first installment, The Fellowship of the Ring, will be released Nov. 22 by Reprise/WMG Soundtracks in a four-disc set.
By the Valar! And here I thought we'd only be seeing CDs that contained a few more songs with music from the EEs. Now I just need to start saving. :D
Mal:"I'm risking my crew on the theory that you're a real person. If you're not, you might as well shoot me now..."
Belecthor
Audible

Post by Belecthor »

I just realized what we're getting: one of the best fanfares in the trilogy, the charge of the Elves at Helm's Deep, after the Wall is breached. Oh, there's so much awesome music in these! :D :D :D
Belecthor
Audible

Post by Belecthor »

Release update: Amazon.com is stating that the full FotR soundtrack will be available starting on December 13th. The cost they have listed is $53.99 US.
huntsomeorc
Audible

Post by huntsomeorc »

Sound clips are up at http://www.walmart.com!
(Just do a search for it)

Just a few more days....
Belecthor
Audible

Post by Belecthor »

Awesome! Oh, now I really can't wait!!