News of Return of the King Extended Edition - And It Isn't All Good News

Everything's On Topic here
ryanadc
Audible

Post by ryanadc »

I have been brooding unhappily over something I learned the other day, and I have finally calmed down enough to post this. I do not know how much everyone else knows about the Return of the King Extended Edition, but before this week, I did not KNOW much. I simply assumed that it would be coming out in November, a week or two before the holiday of Thanksgiving in the USA (where I am)--which is also right before my birthday. Anyway, to cut to the important thing:
-It appears that the Return of the King Extended Edition will not be released until sometime mid-to-late December 2004
(I have seen this on several reliable sources on the internet; I will provide the best one shortly)

Naturally, this really upset me--I had assumed that I could ask for ROTK EE for my birthday (and of course hopefully get it). Now, from what I have read, there should be an addition 50 MINUTES of EXTRA FOOTAGE--totalling the movie to 4hours 10 minutes. This should be cool.
I have one thought that I hope is wrong: because the official movie website lordoftherings.net has not said a thing about the EE, it may be even longer (as in 2005) before it is released. But I pray that this will not happen; I believe that it should come out in December.
-Oh, and for my BEST SOURCE, with lots of in-depth detail on the EE (as in what the new scenes will be, etc)...go to
http://dvd.ign.com/articles/533/533531p1.html

Well, that is it; I hope I have not driven anyone into extreme despair with this somewhat bad news; if you need a little perker, click my source link and read--it is kind of long, but it tells you a lot about the EE. However, if you do not like spoilers about the EE, avoid the link. Thanks, and sorry if I have just ruined your day.

Edited By ryanadc on 1095710531
If ever you'd meet me / You wouldn't forget me.
If you never do, / You won't think I'm true.
Gina
Site Admin

Post by Gina »

New Line has confirmed December 2004 (at San Diego Comic-Con) - we just don't know which day yet. I am guessing either the 7th or 14th. There is speculation that a firm release date will come after hoopla surrounding the Star Wars DVDs dies down a little for maximum marketing.

I would respond more but on my way out (laundry duty calls!):p
Jedi-Elf
Audible

Post by Jedi-Elf »

December 14th has been confirmed by DVD Answers (confirmation from New Line Cinema). For me this is excellant news 'cause I won't feel bad about waiting until Christmas for it.

Here's the linkage... http://www.dvdanswers.com/index.p....TARGET=

Edited By Jedi-Elf on 1095709459
Alassea
Audible

Post by Alassea »

I got all mixed up now... I think i've read somewhere that it's gonna be out in November... can't b sure now... ???

But what i am sure of is that i asked about it in one store and also heard that it's expected some time in November...
but i guess all those resources are unquestionable!

That's too bad, my birthday is in November too... looks like i'll have to buy myself a present for no other reason than the "RotK-EE-Premiere" or just wait till Christmas! :)
ryanadc
Audible

Post by ryanadc »

Well, the date is finally settled! So at least there's some good news (sort of). And, the release of ROTK EE is.....
December 14, 2004.
I was just checking another great LOTR site, War of the Ring, and saw a news update about the official announcement. Check out the official LOTR movie site at lordoftherigns.net.
That's all; just thought I'd let everybody know.

Edited By ryanadc on 1096322613
If ever you'd meet me / You wouldn't forget me.
If you never do, / You won't think I'm true.
Alassea
Audible

Post by Alassea »

Actually... that's not all!! :;):

I've just read on the polish site of Warner Home Video, that the premiere of RotK EE in Poland is planned for ---------

the 10th of December!!

(see for yourself - http://www.whv.pl/newsy73.php)
:laugh: We get to be the lucky ones!! (yeah, 4 days make a difference! :p )[/B]